Last week I wrote some tips for praying with your children. This week, it’s all about praying for your children. I have to admit, most of my prayer for them is reactionary. I pray because of the stress of today or tomorrow, or for a specific issue that is causing concern.
But there are so many more ways I need to be praying for my people, here are a few:
- That they will come to know Jesus as personal Lord and Saviour. (Romans 10:13)
- That they will share His love with others and lead them to Him. (Mark 16:15)
- That they will always grow, in freedom and grace, in authentic relationship with Jesus. (Romans 12:2, Galatians 5:1)
- That they will serve faithfully. (Galatians 5:13, Colossians 3:23-24)
- That they will be courageous in their faith, not content with comfortable Christianity. (1 Corinthians 16:13)
- That they will pray fervently. (James 5:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- That they will have perspective, keeping their eyes on eternal things. (Colossians 3:1-3)
- That they will know without a doubt that God is for them. (Romans 8:31-37)
- That their identity will be found in Christ, not in the opinions of the world, their peers or strangers on the street. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 1 Peter 2:9)
- That they will have joy in the Lord. (Romans 15:13)
There is a print in our shop that I have hanging in our home. I made it to remind me but also my children of my heart for them and how I pray that God will work in and through their lives as they grow.
My prayer for you is that you will stand firm in the Lord, know that you are loved beyond measure and share that love generously. Keep your eyes on Jesus, growing in authentic relationship with him, abounding in grace and living in freedom. always stand for what is right and true. I pray that you will serve faithfully, love generously, be courageous and pray fervently. Love others, keeping your eyes on eternal things. Never forget that God is for you and never lose sight of His promises and plans. Find your identity in Christ, not the opinions of others. Delight in the lord and seek His wisdom, for you are loved, blessed, cherished, forgiven, accepted and redeemed.