What we’ll cover
- Tools : Everything you need to make some fantastic art.
- ABCs + 123s: Letter and number forms and styles
- Working with a brush pen
- Working with a water brush
- Working with a paint brush
Letters into words
- Connecting letters
- Dancing baselines
Words into phrases
- Balance and flow
- Finding your style
- Working with watercolours
- Gradients and blending
- Effects with masking fluid
26 extra videos – 1 video for each letter of the alphabet. Each video includes both upper and lower case letters and is shown using a brush pen, a paint brush and a water brush.
“I loved that the videos were short and quick so I had a chance to watch them and could practice when I could, that I found myself practicing on random things like shopping lists and work notes, while I was on the phone etc. The course gave me the confidence to be always practicing because I loved it so much.” Jacinta, Course Participant
What you’ll get
As soon as you sign up you’ll receive immediate access to all of the modules with video lessons plus a fantastic resources section and a downloadable workbook.
On top of that, you’ll get access to a private Facebook group just for my favourite people (which is totally you if you join in on my course!) where you’ll get opportunities to ask me any burning questions and share your progress with me and others who are doing, or have already done, the course. I’ll be providing you with individual input and support in this group the whole way along.
“Thanks so much for offering this class. I was hesitant to spend the money at first as I feel like I had a decent grasp of the principles of lettering, just hadn’t really given it the time I needed to. I had also done other online classes in the past that were more or less mediocre. But I am SO GLAD I decided to give it a go.” Rachel, Course Participant
What you’ll need:
- Click here to download the supplies list. The supplies I’ve asked you to get for this course should cost between $20-30 depending on where you live, whether you already have some of them, and just how many colours/options you want available to you.
- A printer would be good to print the worksheets, but if you don’t have one you can definitely reference them on-screen and use blank paper to work on.
- For Module 4 on digitizing you will need access to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. If you don’t currently own those you can download a trial version from Adobe to work with during the course. I would recommend you don’t download it until you’re ready to do that module tho. And in case you’re concerned that that module wont be beneficial to you, I also share information on editing and digitising using just apps available on your phone.
More questions? Let me answer a few…
How long will I have access to the course content for?
For ever and always (ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration… at least for as long as I inhabit this little corner of the internet). I hate it when I lose access to things after a certain time (because life happens and we don’t always finish things in the time we hope we will). So you will always have all the content and the Facebook group available.
Do I have to have Facebook to do this course?
No, the Facebook community is incredibly valuable but I realise that not everyone is, or wants to be, on Facebook. You’ll still have access to all of the course content.
Can I buy this as a gift for someone else?
Totally! As soon as you’ve paid, hit reply on your confirmation email and let me know who you’ve purchased the course for and their email address.
Can I pay in instalments?
I’ve never held a pen or brush before, will I be able to do this?
Totally! My eldest daughter has the world’s worst pencil grip and I’ve taught her to create some lovely letters! You can check out some of her gorgeous art here.